Returning to Campus
August 01, 2020
The first step to dining on campus safely is to follow the basic guidelines set out by the CDC, state regulations and the University
- Wash your hands frequently. - Best practice is 30 seconds with soap and water before and after eating.
- Clean and sanitize all touched surfaces. - We will be cleaning and sanitizing tables, counter tops, door knobs and other touched surfaces several times each hour. We suggest frequently sanitizing keys, car handles and cell phones.
- Stay home if you have cold or flu like symptoms. - We will be doing frequent wellness checks with our staff. We suggest ordering a meal to be delivered if you are feeling feverish, or have cold or flu symptoms
- Maintain a 6ft distance from other people. - Our kitchens will be set up to allow 6ft of space between each person picking up a meal as well as 6ft of distance between our staff members. Our staff will also be required to wear masks while on the premises.
- Cover your cough. - Best practice here is to simply wear a non-medical cloth mask when out of your home. Even if you are not experiencing symptoms, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the corner of your elbow
- Be calm and cautious. - This is a strange time for all of us and things will change as new information comes to us. Stay calm and flexible, be sure to get your information directly from us or from the University before making any changes.
What to expect when dining on campus
Follow Denver Dining by Sodexo on social media (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) for updates.
Starting in September, Denver Dining plans to begin with a "Phase 2" style opening which allows for some in-person seating and pre-packaged self service. All meals will be served in single-use containers and several to-go options will be made available. Check out our To-Go Dining page for take out options.